Monday, February 16, 2009

Takin' it to the Mats

The last few weekends we have spend going to wrestles to watch my little brother. Here are some pictures of Grady cheering him on at a tournament in Orem and then some of him taking 3rd at region.






Here we are at state. Parker won his first match, then he lost to the guy who ended up taking state. He lost the second day to the Wayne kid he beat at region. He should have won, but so many factors play into a match. We were sad, but he still did really good for his Freshman year. We are proud of him and we can't wait til next year.




I made this cute shirt for Grady to show our support.




Grady is practicing up. He already wrestles the couch pillows, so I think he'll follow his uncles and be a good little wrestler.


Tyler brought Nadia for a little bit the second day. She didn't feel good, as you can see, she is usually really happy and perky. She had ear infections and now she is in the hospital with pneumonia. We hope she gets better soon.


It has been a fun few weeks. It's was good to see old friends and be back in the wrestling thing. (I was a stat girl in high school). It was harder than I thought to just sit and watch and not be helping in some way.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Okay Grady looks so old, it's been too long since you posted. I miss it!

Anonymous said...

ok those pics of Grady are absolutely adorable!!! i miss piute wrestling matches!! haha

Shawna S said...

I'm so glad you finally updated your blog. Grady has really grown since the last pictures.

Crystal said...

Good job Parker!!! And I can't believe how bif Grady is. That's so stinking cute!!

rusty and julie thatcher said...

Grady looks so cute! he seems like he is getting really big! hopefully we can come see all of you guys soon!

Pete & Kenna said...

I'm glad you had fun! Grady is so cute, I can't wait to hang out with you guys!

Pete & Kenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Thatchers said...

brings back memories of when todd was in wrestleing

Kristi Rowley said...

Wow. memories! They are days I wish we could go to a good ol' Piute sporting event. Doesn't matter what, I just loved being there and cheering our team on!